xx

xx

Friday, October 15, 2010

Tot School - Letter H

Lately, Reagan has been getting really angry at me for not having enough stuff to do for Tot School. Here I was worried about keeping her attention for that length of time. Oops! Oh well. The internet is my limitless resource for craft and activity ideas. I get a few on my own, but a majority of these things come from inspiration from the world wide web.

This week we made a HOUSE out of letter H. I had all the basic shapes already cut out and Reagan just had to stick them on the paper. This was a good visual lesson for her and it was pretty easy.


Then we did a HELICOPTER dot-to-dot. This was Reagan’s first dot-to-dot experience and I wasn’t sure how it would go, but she did very well! I was happy.


I also suggested she color a HORSE, but she had very little interest in that. I think this is partly due to the fact that I am trying to gently teach her to be more careful when she colors. Some of her efforts are far more impressive than others. There are times she takes one crayon or marker and just scribbles all over the page – paying no attention to lines or objects on the paper. Then there are other times when she makes a noticeable effort to color one thing one color and another thing another color. Staying inside the lines is still a bit of a foreign concept. So whenever we color together I try to encourage her to color in the lines. And I think there are times I frustrate her too much. So I need to do a better job of being more carefree in my constructive criticism.


This point was further driven home when she brought this masterpiece home from Coffee Break on Wednesday (a good reminder to me that she doesn't need my hovering and instructions in order to do well!).


We did a HORSE puzzle I found online as well. She liked it though it was far below her puzzle-capabilities. Reagan loves puzzles and I am frequently astounded at how well she can do with putting them together.

Letter H was a HUMDINGER.

No comments: