xx

xx

Monday, October 18, 2010

On the Mend

After 10 days of high fevers, my Maddie girl finally sported a fine rash and left the fever behind. Thus we have the official Mommy-diagnosis of Roseola. I am happy, and most relieved, to report that she is a much happier little girl. And as a little reward for all our sleeplessness, she has decided that being sick totally wears her out and would like some extra naps and an earlier bedtime. Aw shucks.

Maddie got better just in time for us to make a little trip to meet my parents in Marshalltown on Saturday for my Mom's birthday celebration (a little early). We ate at Zeno's Pizza and wow, was that good! I haven't been there in more than 10 years, but we all really enjoyed it. And I may love it a little extra because one of the toppings listed on the menu is "ham". And people, ham is not canadian bacon. My pet peeve is going to a pizza place and asking if they have ham only to hear "yes, we do" only to be delivered a canadian bacon topped pizza. NOT THE SAME THING. It's like ordering a steak only to be delivered a hamburger. Same animal does not mean the same meat. So I was delighted to order a ham pizza and to receive a pizza topped in HAM. Zeno's does not skimp on the toppings so you get lots of meat and tons of cheese. The atmosphere is easy-going too, which is nice when you are dealing with two small children.

Sunday I "taught" my first adult Sunday school class. I'm not really "teaching" anything - just guiding and leading the discussion. We are studying Spirit's Fruit. So far I really like it and have learned quite a bit about myself from the various surveys and assessments we have taken. I also helped in Reagan's Kids of the Kingdom classroom during the morning service. It's fun to see her and how she is in her class. But she definitely has some room to grow as far as confidence. We are so blessed to be part of a church where the little ones have such a neat little program to attend during the service and Sunday school hour.

So now we have a more normal week ahead of us. I'll have to post about Tot School from last week. I'll just warn you that it was a bit of a dud.

Here's to feeling better and getting back in the swing of things!

No comments: