xx

xx

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Vacation Notice

Hubby and I are officially taking a (very small, but much needed) vacation! I know, I know. Its news. BIG news.

Thursday night, Reagan will be handed over to her exceptionally eager Grandma and we will head off on our own.

I've had a day or two, here and there, where I've handed Reagan over for the day. But never, not once, for the night. We're talking 2 days, 2 nights. We won't see her till Saturday evening.

And boy howdy, am I in for it! I can already feel how hard this is going to be. I mean, sure, it will be wonderful to get away, just the two of us, for a few days and a few nights. It will be nice to relax and not worry about when Reagan ate last or how long its been since I changed her diaper. But it will be so hard to wake up in the morning and not go see her happy giggling face peeking at me above the crib bumper. And it will be hard not to watch and listen as she grunts and shriek as she pulls herself up next to the couch. It all makes me just a bit sad already. Good grief.

She will be in great, very happy, hands. Although, I wonder if Grandma REALLY knows what she is getting herself into. Come Saturday night, she may be ready to hand PetePete (Reagan's nickname, don't ask) back to us. By then, we'll be ready!

Have a wonderful rest of your week!

No comments: