xx

xx

Monday, June 06, 2016

Kids These Days

He’s the son of a worship leader.  The only music that he hears is what is played on a VeggieTales DVD, at our church, or on the Christian radio stations.  So those are the songs he sings.  This is the music in his life.

I’ve heard criticisms from time to time about “contemporary” Christian music.  Maybe some of it is founded.  But I have to say that a lot of what I hear is Scripture set to music.  And even though we love  a good hymn in our house, I have to say that any time my kids are taught Scripture in the form or a song, I am 110% behind that. 

I can’t tell you how many times I have stopped to listen to a little voice singing away with words that echo the Bible.  Their voices tiny and high working their way through a praise chorus.  And my world is suddenly awash in a beautiful blend of His voice and theirs. 

When I look over in church and see this little guy singing, his arms raised high above his head, I just don’t see how anyone can criticize a God-glorifying worship style.  He hears it all and I believe it is all a sweet sweet sound in His ear.  Just as it is in mine.



"From the lips of children and infants you, Lord, have called forth your praise."

No comments: