xx

xx

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Softball Marathon

Brian played on the Marathon Team again this year for the Pella Christian Grade School 24 Hour Softball Marathon. This year was extra fun because Reagan got to play one of the games for her preschool!

Of course, we GREATLY enjoyed the mascot game. I tell you what, I don't know if I have ever had that much fun at any sporting event ever. Maddie was just beside herself that BERT and ERNIE and OSCAR and ELMO were walking around. Her expressions were priceless and I doubt I will ever forget the look on her face or the sound of her excited voice.

Reagan was expecting to see these beloved characters. She did ask me where Cookie Monster lived. Now, I happen to know who Cookie Monster is and where he lives and I was a tiny bit tempted to tell her the truth. But then I decided against it and just let her live the joy . So I told her, "I don't know! I bet he has a house close by somewhere..." That was good enough for her.

We had SO much fun cheering for the mascots! Reagan would literally stand and SCREAM for each player and then jump up and down excitedly when one of them got a hit. It was adorable.

Probably the best moment of the night was when her Daddy got up to bat and he crushed that thing. Reagan stood up, open-mouthed and said, "Daddy hit it way up in the SKY!" Love that!

After some good fun with the help of a fantastic Grandma who drove all the way down to love on her grandkids, we headed home for some sleep. We went back the next afternoon and watched a very tired Daddy finish up the 24 hours of softball and then took him home for some peace and quiet. Well...sort of.

Anyway...we had a lot of fun and are so thankful for such a fantastic family-friendly fundraiser!







No comments: