xx

xx

Friday, September 16, 2011

A Simple Plan

In my house, we frequently hear the question, "What are we doing today?" or "What day will we go to the library?" or "How many days is it until __________?" I, myself, am a calendar/planner addict. I have two of them which I keep up to date with the most detailed information possible. But it occurred to me that my children are not so able to actually read what I have written on the calendar - sometimes a good thing, yes. But it also leaves them with a lot of questions and uncertainty. Reagan and Maddie have always been creatures of habit and routine. They like a plan (something I am sure they got from their Mom and Dad!). So I set out to come up with a way to help them figure out what would be happening when. This was especially important now that Reagan is in preschool 3 afternoons a week. We all needed to know exactly what would happen when.

This is my solution:



Each day gets its own colored sheet of paper - which matches our prayer schedule, of course! I made up little "icons" which we can move around to whatever day we need to. My fabulous teacher Momma was so fabulous as to have this all laminated for me!

The girls loved it! They could see exactly what was planned on what day and are able to see how many days it will be till we go to the park or the library or church or whatever.

And I love it too. It just a fun easy thing to have in their room that helps them know and understand the plan for the day - thereby making my life much easier. Sometimes these very little things can make such a big difference.

No comments: