xx

xx

Friday, September 10, 2010

Tot School - Number 2

Not much to report on this lesson since it went so quickly. Reagan understands numbers and counting well by now so these are not challenging for her. Unless, of course, her mother finds a number activity that is hard for her. Oops. I thought that talking about how we have 2 eyes, 2 ears, 2 hands, 2 arms, etc. would be a good concept to link in with the number 2. So I drew up this nifty little guy who was missing hands, feet, ears and eyes. Yes, well…my poor Reagan just did not have a clue what to do when I asked her to draw hands on the man. She tried. I had to help. Same for the feet. The eyes she could sort of manage. And when I asked her to draw 2 ears on him, she looked and me, clutching her marker and said, “I don’t know HOW!” Cue the mommy-guilt. I helped her. We also did her sticker card which she enjoys because I let her pick out the stickers to use. I had a zig zag worksheet for her which was tough. She made a real effort and I could see improvement as she kept working on it. I’m glad I’m doing the basic tracing worksheets with her because I think the area she struggles with the most is drawing/tracing. But she is very focused and tries very hard. We make sure to do these tot school lessons while Maddie is taking her morning nap and that helps me to be extra patient and attentive.

No comments: