xx

xx

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Here we go again

I think it was a little over a month ago that I told you about the night Reagan got her first real battle with a stomach bug. So it seems much too soon for me to be writing about her second real battle with a stomach bug, but, well, here I am.

She played beautifully and was a sweet, funny, energetic little girl all day on Tuesday. Not a hint of illness anywhere to be found. But at about exactly 5:05 p.m., when Daddy walked in the door, my little girl started acting strangely. And by strange I mean she was not running from room to room shrieking about Daddy being home. Instead, she wanted to be held by Mommy, then she wanted to go to sleep, then she refused to eat ANYTHING for supper. So we made a nest for her on the living room floor and she curled up into a little ball and just blinked at us. After an hour or so, we were glad she hadn’t eaten any supper. Throughout the rest of the evening and night, she would rest or sleep for an hour or two and then wake up screaming “No no no!” Its helpful that she gives us this incredibly obvious clue to grab the bucket and standby! As much as I hate this for her, she handles stomach viruses like an adult. Only with slightly more crying - though that’s debatable given my tendency to bawl on command. As soon as she got sick, I did my best to keep my distance from her and let Hubby take over any and all sick kid duties. But that’s pretty hard when all I want to do is cuddle her up and smooth the hair from her forehead. I am really concerned about avoiding the bug this time around, though. Really. Concerned. Because I do not want to go into labor in the middle of a stomach bug. Because throwing up after a c-section would probably be the most awful pain ever (I coughed once after Reagan’s delivery and nearly blacked out). And because this poor little baby does not need any exposure to such a nasty health condition.

Again, in my total of 4 hours of often interrupted sleep, I must say that I don’t feel nearly as sleep deprived as I thought I would. I mean, wow, I feel pretty good. But I am still praying extra hard for the health of my family. Obviously, I really don’t want any of us to be sick when this baby is born. Theoretically, that should be a few weeks away. You never know, though. We’d so appreciate any extra prayers said on our behalf. Reagan does seem to be feeling much better this morning - she was her normal hyper self - even eating breakfast and drinking lots of fluids. So I am hopeful and thankful that it seems to be yet another short-lived battle. But its still a battle. One I want to be done fighting.

No comments: