xx

xx

Monday, December 15, 2008

Joy of Christmas on a Sunday Night

We were on our way Sunday night to our church’s Children’s Christmas Program. It was dark as we cruised through town. Reagan, as she so often does, stared out the window and every time we drove past a house with Christmas lights, she said, “Oook! (Look!) Yights! (Lights!)” She does this anytime we go somewhere at night and I absolutely love it. I love hearing her little voice and seeing her smile in excitement.

We made a special point of having Reagan sit with us for as much of the program as possible before we brought her down to the nursery. She stood up on Brian’s lap and looked at the Christmas trees and wreaths, twinkling in the dimmed lights. Reagan remarked again, “Pwetty yights!” When the older kids marched up the sides holding their candles, Reagan said, “Ooooooooo!” And I loved watching her face as she watched the kids sing and wave their streamers. It was wonderful to see her engaged in a church service.

The smallest children began the service that night by singing “Here I Am to Worship”, complete with coordinate hand-motions. My eyes watered profusely as they sang loudly on each chorus:
Here I am to worship
Here I am to bow down
Here I am to say that you’re my God
You’re altogether lovely
Altogether worthy
Altogether wonderful to me.

It was a beautiful night!

2 comments:

Dale Deur said...

Yeah, Jean, it was pretty wet in our row during that song, as well...

Anonymous said...

That was my favorite song of the night for our KOK kids. :) I loved being able to finally watch Hope on stage sing her heart out! It really was a beautiful night! Today she's been singing "Mighty to Save", but some words are made up!
Sarah