xx

xx

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Infectious

This morning, it was raining. Hard. I drove through the sloshy streets covered in little rivers and wondered just how wet I was going to get when I got out of the car to unbuckle Reagan and deliver her safely inside her daycare. I opened my car door and was met with an impenetrable wall of water. Well, it seemed impenetrable. I managed to run through it and fling open her door. I said, as my hands moved as quickly as possible to remove her from her seatbelts, "We're going to go REALLY fast today, Ray!" I picked her up and slung her across my hip. As I did so, rain splattered in her face. She squealed. I grabbed her bag and we ran across the driveway into the daycare. Reagan laughed. And she took what could have been a really yucky frustrating moment and made me laugh with her. We stood there in the garage, soaking wet, laughing. And I don't think I'll be forgetting that for a long long time.

No comments: