xx

xx

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Writer's block never stopped me

I really don't have anything fascinating to write about today. No good stories. No new thoughts on life. And I think I must have been sitting here for several frustrating minutes trying to think about what I can write about today.

I could tell you that yes, Reagan is indeed hitting her stride at full capacity these days. She will not crawl. Somehow the thought of propelling her body on all fours seems so so so much more challenging than precariously balancing her toddled form on two slightly unsteady appendages. Its amusing, really, to watch her scurry about the house. She often follows me around wondering just what I am doing and just why on earth I am not carrying her! And should I stop moving about for just a minute she will wobble back and forth till at last she can grasp my clothing and give me a good hollar.

I could tell you that my nifty little band has a "gig" this weekend. I hate the word "band" and I hate the word "gig". Such terms should only be used for the likes of people who write their own material and have actually released a CD. We haven't, but I am stuck with the terms "band" and "gig" because I really don't know what else goes in their place. At any rate, we are leading worship at a banquet this Friday(yeah, that sounded weird, I know). I'll be spending nearly all of my free time on that for the rest of week. I'm not complaining. I'm really looking forward to it. We've been blessed with some really cool opportunities to lead worship around our little portion of the State so that's been neat.

I could tell you that I had yet another baking flop this week. I tried, once again, to make banana bread. It seems the stuff hates me, which is really unfortunate because I have lovely warm fuzzy feelings about it. In all honesty, I think its just that I don't have the appropriate banana bread gear - I don't have the right size pan. I made what appeared to be two very lovely, very large, loaves. Perfect golden brown crust. Wonderful aroma. Hours later when I went to get them out of the pan I was slightly horrified to see the entire mid-section of my precious loaves oozing out on my kitchen counter. RATS! The cooked part was good. The slop part was not.

And if you are still reading, then I will reward you by making a banana bread just for you! Lucky dogs!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You crack me up. even when you have "nothing" to write about! :) I miss you Jeaner!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I was just blog surfing...

How many members are in your band?

Miz Jean said...

Welcome anonymous blog surfer...there are 6 people in my "band" - 2 guitars, drummer, pianist and 2 vocals.

Miz Jean said...

Laura, I miss you, too! And I am glad I crack you up :)

Tom said...

I'm here to claim my free banana bread.

Miz Jean said...

Oh you SO don't want to claim the banana bread...but okay. I'll see what I can do.