xx

xx

Monday, July 02, 2007

Ringing the dinner bell

As mentioned many times before, I am not a super-chef, but I do occasionally enjoy some time in the kitchen. We don't host a lot of dinner parties. Who am I kidding? We've never had a dinner party. But we do have friends or family over from time to time.

The kitchen is pretty much just the right size - not too small, not too big. I entertain ideas of painting the cabinets from time to time. But we'll probably replace them before I paint them. And that won't be happening any time soon, I assure you! I also subscribe to the theory that less is more when it comes to the residents of my counter top. When possible, appliances are kept in cupboards and not "out". But this is a good picture of it looking messy.


The print hanging over our kitchen table is a gift from Hubby. I saw it in a store in Omaha but, of course, did not buy it there. Instead I went home and searched the internet for months (literally) to find it. Its the Fruit of the Spirit.


The decorations on top of the cabinets have been a work in progress. I'm finally at a place where I am happy with them. Here are the ones on top of the fridge and pantry cabinets.


And here is my most-used piece of equipment - my stereo. When we are home, this is on. Yes, that's a Jeremy Camp CD.


This is Ed the Rooster. My Dad gave me Ed. He sits on the window ledge by my sink -but frequently falls into the sink. I do not have a love of roosters. My Dad has a love of giving me roosters of all kinds. I had a bad experience with a rooster once.


This Christmas decoration was just too pretty to put away so it stays out all year hanging above our sink.



This little guy used to belong to my Grandparents. Another inherited treasure. He swings happily just above my stove.

No comments: