xx

xx

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Inadvertent Blog Vacation

It's good to know blogger won't shut down a blog that hasn't been updated in over a month. Yikes.

Lots has been happening here, so I plan to blame my hiatus on all the "NEW" stuff in our lives. And let's just get this out of the way, we are not currently pregnant.

I volunteered to coordinate VBS for my church. We do a community wide VBS, so that means our church only hosts the kids going into 3rd grade. The other grades meet at other churches. Each church has to pretty much do their own thing as far as curriculum and program and whatnot. So I spent much of the past month working on getting all our volunteers lined up and all the little details into place. I wasn't so sure I would enjoy this new volunteer opportunity at first. I am a good organizer, but I'm NOT someone who would sign up to be a VBS teacher. However, I was amazed by how much FUN I had during the week of VBS! It was a blast. The kids had a great time and everything went very well, all things considered. Reagan also attended VBS for the first time this year and had a GREAT time! She loved the crafts the most :) Maddie got some awesome Grandma time during the week - Grandma Vande Voort watched her for 4 of the 5 mornings which was a great blessing. Brian was a lot of help as well as he was called upon to transport Reagan to and from VBS each day because Mommy was a little too busy to handle that.

Brian and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary during VBS on June 9. It is hard to believe 10 years has gone by so quickly. And yet, it seems like a lifetime ago. It's amazing how much you learn about YOURSELF in ten years, much less another person. We really feel blessed to have been given the gift of each other and our two little girls.

Speaking of the man of the house, he will be taking a new job in the middle of May. He is switching to another company in our town and will be working as a Finance Manager at Vermeer Manufacturing. It was a tough decision as Brian has really enjoyed working at Pella Windows. But it felt right too and God seemed to give us the peace we needed about the decision.

Tot School did indeed wrap up right on schedule! I'll be posting our last few lessons in hopes of catching you up on our tot school fun. I am really proud of Reagan for how far she came in one year. She's really looking forward to preschool and I think she has gotten a great start from our time together. Now I have a year off before I have to tot school Ms. Maddie. I'm proud of myself, too, for sticking with it and hanging in there even when I wanted to just skip it.

In my free time, I've been dabbling in some photography, reading too many books, and writing the second draft of my book.

So things have been good and our summer has been going well. We are anxiously awaiting Tom and Angie's arrival as they are coming home for a week long visit. We simply cannot wait to see them in a few weeks! We are going to have my whole family together for the first time in over 2 years and they will get to meet Maddie for the first time as well.

I really do love summer.

No comments: