xx

xx

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Whirlwind

I had these marvelous plans to blog about all the advent activities we have been doing. However, life got in the way and it not only interfered with my blogging, it also intefered with our advent plans. I might post a list of all the things we SAID we were going to do this advent season later. :) But for now, I'll just focus on catching you up to life in our house.

- Sickies. We all took a marvelous turn with a stomach virus last week. It was...well...you don't want to know. But I had it the worst. That much is important information and I expect your pity. Thankfully, it was short-lived.

- Books. I've been a bit absorbed (Brian will tell you this should say "OBSESSED") with reading lately. This has been the year of the book for me, but boy howdy have I gone off the deep end this month! My pastor recommended I read the Harry Potter series and I LOVE them. I've also been reading The Hunger Games series which is also highly addictive and fascinating. And I am trying to read The Vampire Diairies series because it is one of my favorite shows. But here's the thing, the tv show is WORLDS better than the books. Don't really like the books so much. And I am reading The Hole in Our Gospel by Richard Stearns which is extremely challenging on an internal level. And lastly, but not leastly, I read The Shack which changed my life in no small way. So far, my list of reads for the year comes to 54...but we have a few weeks left yet :)

- Parties. We have been having fun going to anniversary parties, Christmas parties and cookie-decorating parties. And there are many more to come!

- Kitchen Remodel. We got our new countertop, kitchen sink and faucet installed. We LOVE them! I will post a picture or three as soon as we get our touch-up painting completed.

So all this and more has kept us pretty busy. We are really looking forward to seeing our families over the holidays and celebrating with our girls. Things are busy and hectic, but we are happy and having fun!!

No comments: