xx

xx

Saturday, June 05, 2010

First Week of June (Summer Activities List)

I've heard from a few of you that you like this idea of making a list of things to do with your kids this summer. In the spirit of accountability, I plan to update weekly (oh, I can dream, can't I?) on my progress for June, July and August.

So, during WEEK ONE we:
- went to the library
- had a picnic at the park
- had a family walk together to celebrate Brian's return from Gettysburg on Friday
- played with sidewalk chalk on the driveway
- blew bubbles outside (not on my previous list, but I added this recently)
- went to the park whenever we could - whenever it was not too muddy!

Things I have to look forward to yet:
- go to the beach
- go swimming
- fly a kite
- spend some time at my parents' farm
- roast marshmallows and make smores
- do a craft once a week
- have popsicles on the front porch
- watch fireworks on July 4 (missed them last year)
- go to at least one parade
- go to the zoo

We will likely be repeating several items on our list many times. I will have to do two crafts with Reagan to make up for missing out on one this week (great start).

As mentioned, Brian was in Gettysburg this past week. My mom came down for a few days to lighten the load, so to speak. It was very nice to be able to go to Walmart with Reagan to buy flowers, bake some bars, organize some pictures, and have adult conversation! :) But we are very very glad Daddy is home!

No comments: