xx

xx

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Many many thanks

Now that my 29th birthday is officially behind me, I would like to thank those of you who really went the extra mile (literally and figuratively) to make my birthday celebration a little (or a lot) more special. What a treat you were! If it wasn’t someone giving me a gift of homemade cheesecake (you really know the way to my heart!), it was someone watching Reagan for a few hours so Hubby and I could go out for a supper just the two of us. Or it was family driving many miles down to see me and have cake and sing to me (and bringing pizza to me). Or it was my sister calling me from college and having her talk to Reagan for a while. Oh bless your heart - you all really spoiled me silly.

Achoo. Sniff. Ahem.

All the happiness poured upon me has made me not even care or notice that I have the tiniest cold ever known to man. Seriously...I don’t think it can even be termed “cold” because I can still count the number of times I sneeze in a day and nothing cold-related aches or feels stuffy. And I am considering it a special birthday gift my immune system is giving to me that I am not suffering more intensely. Evidently, no one informed my tailbone (ow!) or hips (oy!) that it was my birthday because well, they’ve not been altogether kind or sweet lately. Blah. Moving on.

My brother and his wife stayed overnight and Reagan and I had a wonderful time chatting with them over the course of the morning. Well, I did most of the chatting and she filled up the rest of the time by demanding that they color with her or help her sort her play food, or chase her with her tiny shopping cart or throwing stuffed animals at each other. I may write a book on entertaining someday. A good time. We know how to have it. But it was really great to see them and spend some extra time with them because late spring/early summer they are making arrangements to leave on an overseas mission trip for a couple years. Yikes! A couple years! My brain hasn’t really comprehended that fully. But I know they will be missed horribly. So we are trying to soak up as much time with them as possible in hopes we get really sick of them and are happy to send them away for a few years. Okay, that may be a lie. At any rate, we had a high old time together!

I’m really wishing I could get out of the house and get some exercise lately. Weather has just not permitted such an excursion. When it has, time has not allowed. In the warmer months, I took Reagan on a walk nearly every single day. I thought I was doing it for her because she really did love to sit in the stroller and make an occasional stop at a park. But I did not realize how much I would miss it! I’ve bundled her up on a few of the warmer days and gone for a short stroll. I don’t know if it’s the sunshine or the fresh air or the heart’s extra pumping, but those few days were such treasurers! Also, they allowed me to be standing upright which meant no tailbone or hip pain. Those pain-free moments bring joy all on their own.

Now I know you hear me “complaining” a bit about my physical condition. Please know I am not complaining about the baby. But sometimes this preggo lady feels a little worse for wear and thinks 12 weeks sounds like a REALLY long time to feel this uncomfortable. I can handle it, yes, absolutely. I know there are things that could be done (like chiropractic care and tylenol) to help soothe some of these aching joints. I understand that it will all be over before I know it. I believe with all my heart that it is worth it. But none of that really makes it “easier” right now. I’m sleeping okay and for that I am thankful. I have a good appetite and my weight gain is “right on track” so that is good. I have a lot for which I am grateful.

Not the least of which is the wonderful friends and family that made the last couple days so sweet. You’re great and wonderful people who made this Mommy feel pretty special. You are all one of my most undeserved gifts!

No comments: