xx

xx

Friday, December 05, 2008

Who needs onions?

Never been a big fan of onions, myself. Honestly, I've never even purchased an onion. Pleasing flavor, unpleasant texture. But from what I hear, they tend to make people cry.

I really need no help in that department.

I'm weary.

Before I got pregnant, I had all these shows that I really loved to watch - and most of them were medical shows. Private Practice. Grey's Anatomy. ER. But these past several months, my favorites have turned on me.

It all started one night as I sobbed through an ER episode. Yes, sobbed. In between snot-filled sniffles and kleenex-muffled breaths, I whined to Hubby, "Please do not ever let me watch this horrible show again!"

He rolled his eyes. I don't blame him.

It wasn't that it was some awful episode. But it was awfully sad. And if something lands anywhere near the sad category nowadays, well, I lose all composure.

Its unnerving, quite frankly. I've never been a big crier. I'm not prone to bawl over commercials or whathaveyou. In fact, I can go many weeks without crying. Dare I even say, months with no tears. But lately...

I'm sure there is some unwritten rule that the screenplay for every t.v. show in December must be filled with some poor sick child or a mother who dies in labor or worse. But good grief, this pregnant lady can't take it anymore!

Case in point: last night, after viewing a few trailers for the new ER episode, I firmly decided to watch Barbara Walters 10 Most Fascinating People.

We all do what we have to do to survive the holidays.

1 comment:

all up in each others bizness said...

i hate onions.......i've never bought one either...and its the biggest thing i am scared of when i go to somones house to eat,lol

i was a never a cryer tilli had kids......