xx

xx

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thankful

- I am thankful that Reagan does not seem bothered by the black eye she got yesterday. I am also thankful that when she fell she did not hit the corner of the coffee table, but instead the side.

- I am thankful my Hubby remembered to put the laundry in the dryer last night.

- I am thankful that I am not in the hospital and am able to enjoy a real turkey dinner with all the fixings. While a baby is a pretty good trade off for thanksgiving dinner, the year I had beef broth for my thanksgiving feast still reminds me I missed out on some GOOD food.

- I am thankful for crock pot recipes which thereby free up over-used ovens for such things as large delicious birds.

- I am thankful that I have some really really intelligent Mommy-friends who were able to help me figure out Reagan's bedtime troubles. They've also given me great bits of wisdom in other non-Mommy topics.

- I am thankful that I am beginning to want and enjoy food again.

- I am thankful that I will celebrate thanksgiving with my husband, daughter, parents, siblings, and other friends.

- I am thankful for a place to write and an audience who reads.

- I am thankful for my new Jeremy Camp CD "Speaking Louder". Yes, you should buy it.

- I am thankful for a church family who has truly been a family to me.

- I am thankful for a job that allows me some flexibility so that I can work part time and be home with Reagan a few days a week.

- I am thankful for restful nights of sleep.

- I am thankful for the three children God has chosen me to carry - some longer than others (Baby 1 - in heaven, Baby 2 - Reagan, my black-eyed beauty, and Baby 3 - currently growing and doing well). I am thankful for the sweet gift of Reagan and how she daily teaches me about life and love and joy.

- I am thankful for my upbrining - that I grew up with parents who loved me, but more than they loved me they loved Jesus.

- I am thankful for my parents.

- I am thankful for my siblings.

- I am thankful for the family I married into.

- I am thankful for times of great heart ache and pain that taught me great lessons.

- I am thankful for a husband who loves me and makes me laugh. And also that he changes dirty diapers whenever he is home.

- I am thankful for a Savior who doesn't care who I was, what I did, or where I've been, but sees who I am, what I can do, and where I will be. I am thankful that He has never left me. And most of all, I am thankful that He is very much in control of everything.

1 comment:

all up in each others bizness said...

Abby once had a black eye at about regans age and nick and me both though we had given it to her...i socked her while on the phone and nick hit her with a door,ahahahhaa