xx

xx

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Today

My first day back at work and wow. I’m paying for my “time off” this weekend. I’m working 2 days this week, which is approximately 3 short of what I really need to get all this done. Ouch.

Last night I had a dream I was in a polygamist marriage - only I was the one with multiple spouses. It was not cool. Not at all.

We had a really great trip and I must admit, my daughter sometimes travels better than I do. Hubby and I both found this surprising. But pleasant.

I find more often that I need to learn to keep my mouth shut.

My sister is not thrilled with how busy I am. And I must admit, I’m not thrilled with it either.

We had homemade scones for breakfast at work this morning. They were fabulous. I am particularly fond of the lemon blueberry variety. Yum.

I don’t like leftovers. Unless its leftover dessert, in which case most often I eat it all WAY too fast and thus...no leftovers. Everyday I take my own lunch to work to avoid driving home and doing nothing for all of 45 minutes. My lunch is always...leftovers. Ugh. But today, today I’m actually looking forward to my leftovers lunch. Hooray for that. Nothing special. Just appealing.

I have a bandaid in my pen-holder on my desk. In case I happen to rip off my toenail as I did last week when I slammed my toe into my computer. It was messy.

Reagan has her 18 month pictures just a few short hours after she has her 18 month doctor appointment. This works when there are no shots. Fabulous!

I was told I should write a book. My response was “About what?” Haunts me everyday.

I keep thinking about the song “They will know we are Christians by our love...” Wow. Really? I’ve got work to do.

I was given one of the most fun surprising things this weekend - an entire case of someone’s CDs - left in a lost and found and never reclaimed. Awesome. What fun I have had listening to all of it - and adding to my CD collection. It was an interesting mix - Back Street Boys, Weird Al, Pillar, P.O.D., Tobymac, Creed, and others.

But really, what is on my heart is this - I am confused and saddened by the tragedies striking people in the Christian music industry. Todd and Angie Smith (Selah) lose their daughter, Audrey, on the day of her birth. Todd’s sister and former Selah member, Nicol, lost her son, Luke, at 2 months of age. Steven Curtis Chapman loses his daughter, Maria, to a terrible accident when she was only 5 years old. I know God is there. I know He is holding all of them. I know He is in control. But I pray for deliverance for these families. And peace.

No comments: