xx

xx

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Dear you,

Dear you,

I wish you lived closer to me. And I wish that it didn’t matter that we were miles apart. I’d still love to be “close” to you. Something we have been working on, but just aren’t there yet.

I hope someday you do live closer to me. I dream of the fun we would have, going out for lunch, going shopping, just hanging out. I would call you up and we would set a lunch date at least once a month. We’d get together, laugh about funny moments in life and vent about the frustrating ones. You would tell me about the most ridiculous comment your boss made and I would tell you about my embarrassing typos. I imagine we would go shopping and when I tried on something that didn’t look good on me, you look at me, shake your head and say “no, not that”. And I’d put it back on the rack, thankful that someone saved me from wasting my money, time, hope.

As it is now, I would like to talk to you more often. But I’m so often afraid that you are busy and I would be taking you away from something or someone more interesting or more fun. So I send a lot of emails, but feel guilty about you taking time out of your day to respond. And I don’t blame you when you don’t respond, because that makes sense. You have places to go, people to see, things to do. But I do worry then. That you’re upset with me or that you aren’t well. And I want to send another email the next morning. But then I would just be pestering you. So I don’t.

I would like to have you around so I could tell you all the little things that happen in my life. I would like to share them with you. I don’t mostly because I worry that you would find them boring.

So often during my day I think of you. I wonder where you are and how you are doing. I try to imagine what you are doing. And so often in my day I pray for you. I pray that God makes your path clear. That your life is filled with love. That you will never give up or lose your way, but if you do that He clings tightly to you. I pray that He will give you great wisdom and great strength. And maybe I pray every now and then that He’ll let me live nearer to you someday.

But for now, I hope you know just how much I love you and how much I hope your life is wonderful. And how I’d really love to get to know you more and more as time goes by.

And right now, I hope you have an AWESOME day at school! I can’t wait to see you next time you come home.

Always,

~Jean

No comments: