xx

xx

Monday, October 15, 2007

Sleepless

For some reason, when Reagan learned to walk, she forgot how to sleep. And believe me, this is a killer! I would almost trade her newfound skill for the sleep-filled nights we enjoyed for so long. Aside from an ocassional ear infection or teething episode or cold, she would sleep...like a baby (sorry, couldn't help myself). Honestly she slept better than a baby. She slept like an adult! It was wonderful. And then around Wednesday of last week all that just went flying out the window. She wakes up screaming - completely and utterly panicked. It takes us several minutes to calm her down. She does NOT want to be rocked in the chair or sleep on either parent in said chair. She screams at the mere sight of her bedroom. When tucked in our bed with us she finds our pathetic bewildered bodies hilarious and much pulling of hair, pinching of skin and poking of eyes commenses. Just to make sure we don't fall asleep while she is still awake, she omits odd little noises here and there - almost giggles. And just to be extra safe, she likes to inch forward like a little worm and bump her head on the headboard. Last night, after I had thought I had her to sleep in our bed, she let out a very loud howling sigh. That was my last straw. I got up, placed her back in her bed and shut all doors between her room and ours. We listened to her cry until she fell back asleep. Something tells me I'll be doing that all over again tonight. We so miss sleeping.

No comments: