xx

xx

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Amy, I finally made it!

Its official. I made my very first trip to Culvers! My sister would be oh-so-proud. This is what I have to say about Culvers. Yum. Why on earth artery-clogging-food has to taste so stinkin' awesome is just beyond me. I had a cheeseburger which was very delicious. Very. Delicious. I drool just thinking about it.

Here's the best part: post-cheeseburger indulgence I was EXTREMELY impressed to see a Reese's Pieces Mixer. REESE'S PIECES! I don't know if I've written about this before, though its quite probable that I have because the topic frequently floats through my mind. It is almost impossible to get any restaurant serving blizzards or tornadoes or mixers - whathaveyou - to make an actual Reese's PIECES concoction. Here's what happens to me at least 9 times out of 10:

J - I'd like a Reese's Pieces blizzard.
Ignorant Restaurant Clerk - Okay.
J - Reese's Pieces.
IRC - Right. Is Reese's Peanut Butter Cup okay?
J - No.
IRC - Oh. We don't have Reese's Pieces. We have Peanut Butter Cup.
J - Nevermind. I'll just have a cookie dough blizzard.

It irritates me. The two candies are so separate and distinct and here is this goofy 15 year old kid behind the counter who is simply going to assume I am the stupid one and I meant to say "Peanut Butter Cup" when I actually said "Pieces". Sigh. This has happened to me so many times that I had completely given up on ever ordering and receiving a Reese's Pieces ANYTHING.

Until Culvers. They have Reese's Pieces on the menu, people! On. The. Menu. Hubby walked boldly, and ever so hopefully, up to the counter, ordered me a Reese's PIECES Mixer and wouldn't you know that is EXACTLY what they gave him! Amazing. Impressive. Cool. Wonderful. It absolutely made my day. I felt like dancing. Really, I did. Felt that way, that is. I didn't actually dance.

Amy, why didn't you tell me this place had Reese's Pieces Mixers? I would have gone there YEARS ago!

Anyway, another plus to this wonderful experience was seeing my parents and my bro and SIL (sister-in-law). We had a nice time catching up and laughing at Reagan's odd and sometimes owly behavior. She is, as always, our greatest form of entertainment. She is also the loudest one at the table so she has a knack for commanding our attention.

So our Labor Day was graced with the presence of several lovely people, and some very-much-appreciated long-missed little yellow, orange and brown thin candy shells filled with peanut butter. Glorious.

No comments: