xx

xx

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Big News!

Okay, maybe not huge, but it was big to us.

Reagan doesn't have both of her parents at home in the evenings watching her every move very often. Last night was an exception. While supper was cooking we sat in the living room. Hubby on the floor. Myself on the couch. Reagan roaming around the room in her own amusing way. Without warning, without any assistance, without any spoken instruction or encouragement, she grabbed the sofa cushion I was sitting on, and with loud yelling grunts pulled herself up and stood there. Looking at me. For several seconds, Hubby and I looked at her standing there, and then at each other, and then at her standing there. Then we burst into cheers and applause. Reagan smiled with glee as we clapped our hands and cheered. I'd have pictures but we were so impressed there was no time to get distracted by cameras. You'll simply have to picture my little peanut standing beside the couch, little fists tightly gripping the cushion, with a big smile on her face. I know I am.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Reagan! She is so bright! I can see it even without the picture!

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's big news alright! I bet she was so proud of herself. =)